Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 12




So i'm about a 1/3 done with the first phase... i can already see alot of change. I think ive lost around ten pounds. Last time i weighed was Tues night and i had lost eight. Its going pretty well...tonight my grandmother had a bunch of relatives i hardly see over and she made seafood pasta, bread,cake and pie. it all looked really good but me, Lauren and Jonathan brought our own food and it was slightly awkward bc my cousins Adrian and Matthew were asking alot of questions about the diet and i wished that i could have been more low key about it bc its not a big deal but i think they were just intrigued. In case you were wondering ( probably weren't)... i had grilled tilapia and salad with ranch( yes...we are allowed ranch). It was actually super good and im still full.

I think the hardest thing about this diet is being away from sweets. I mean i always tried to keep my love for sweets on lockdown, but now that i am on this diet, i want them more. It's not that i "crave" them....i "want" them. See, theres a difference....and God is definitely teaching me self control ;P

Lauren works in a coffee shop at Wesley and the guy who informed her about this diet ( he lost 65 pounds and has kept it off a year), comes by and always gets sugary coffee drinks( those can get up to 800 cals) and icing covered goodies. The other day he said to her " When you're off the diet, YOU can eat like this :)"..... thats good. i mean im not gonna dive into a pool of chocolate---although that does sound incredible right now... But i think there are a few things i'll treat myself to on occasion....such as...


1.Canes ( ooh baby)
2.La Fiesta (queso, anyone?)
3.Pizza ( nuff said)
4.Qudoba/Caliente( never been to either)
5.cookies/chocolate :)
6.Hibachi/Sushi
7.I know this is really random....but a BIg mac...ive never had one.


I know what you're thinking..."lindsay! what happened to banishing those things forever?"....i'll tell you what happened friend....i said screw that! its ok to indulge on occasion...its not necessarily "what" you eat but HOW you eat it. I got this.... oh did i mention CHEETOS.

*Fatty at heart...i know....don't judge. you love food too.




Have a great weekend!

~Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment