Friday, January 14, 2011

Coffee shop dates....why they make me want to die

I do not like getting coffee with people. If it is a group thing, i'm down....but if someone i don't know very well asks me to get coffee, i am instantly sent into a state of panic. Here's why: There are only two reasons people have ever asked me to get coffee in the past.


1. Coffee-tation ( confrontation)



Well not so much a confrontation as an apology. I know its coming the whole hour the guy or girl is talking about their college experiences and that time we played on a playground 2 years ago when we actually talked( you know..trying to remind me of the "good times" so i'll be more accepting of the supposed apology)
and yet all i wanna do is say " Listen, i'm over it....can i go now?" because there is nothing i hate more than being outside of Starbucks where the wind is blowing heavily and my hair is caught in my lipgloss and the guy keeps yapping and i WOULD sip my coffee, but as i look down i see that grabbed the wrong one....sorry Mark. It's just a panic attack waiting to happen for me. I won't sleep the night before the alleged coffee date and the whole way there i'll be hyperventilating because i'm a drama queen and everything is a much bigger deal to me than it actually is. Mostly what i hate about the "coffee-tation" is that its a year late and i've forgotten about any issue we ever had.

P.S....it shouldn't take an hour and a half to apologize


2. Coffee-likes me, likes me not...



Oh and this has only happened a couple of times but let me say....i am not a fan of getting coffee to "get to know each other". I don't do well in structured environments. Yes, to me Starbucks is a structured environment. I don't know what it is...but even if i'm going there to hang out with a guy that i don't like...i feel awkward the whole time. Its like you both know why you're there...and for me i never feel relaxed. i feel like its an interview and i guess it kind of is.Still, it is awkward...and i don't like it!

However, when the right guy does come along, if he asks me to get coffee, i think i'll suck it up and go anyway. As long as Mark isn't there again playing games and switching up my coffee, i should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment