Friday, July 29, 2011

My mom.

I've decided to write a blog about my mom. Every week i think i might pick someone to blog about....family, friends etc... :) Who better to start off with than the one who physically gave me life, eh?

My mom has always told me that "family will always be there" and this hadn't landed on me until my stay in San Francisco. Suddenly i was thrust into an environment where select people didn't get my jokes, think i was funny, smart, talented or really all that interesting. I shut down. I was so used to having a mother who encouraged me and told me each day how "amazing" i was. Of course i always laughed off her compliments, but they were also nice to hear.

Since being here i have learned not to find my worth in other people's opinion of me and to find my worth ultimately in God. I have also learned that i actually care way more what my mother thinks of me than random people i've only known a short time. She has encouraged me along the way, even telling me of a previous and similar experience she had one summer many years ago. She works so hard. She has 3 jobs and works nights at the hospital on weekends ( they SO over-work her). And yet, she always goes in and does it. She perseveres even when she deals with tiredness ( emotionally...physically) and she is a huge inspiration to me to keep going down the path God has for me even when its hard because the reward out weighs the hard journey.

What i miss/love about her:

Her smile, her COOKING ( dear lord..), her random and loud outburst of song and dance, her listening to me when no one else will ( and actually caring what i say), that she is obsessed with vampire books and movies and this gives me hope she will obsess about Harry Potter with me too, her cute style, the way she loves our dogs even though they smell bad and annoy me, and how adorable she is in general! She scrapbooks and makes stationary for me all the time. I just think its cute.

I'm actually tearing up writing this. I miss my mom but i get to see her in two weeks so its all good :) i just wanted to write about her and tell yall why she is a special person to me.

1 comment: