Thursday, February 3, 2011

Theology 101

Get ready for my new blog series on Biblical Theology ;)


It's important to know what you believe and why. When believers say "its just got to be faith", i slightly cringe. Yes, you have to have faith, but that kind of applies to anything. I have faith that gravity exists. I'm pretty sure most people agree with me. However, when it comes to believing in something/someone you cannot see or tangibly touch....people get skeptical, and rightly so. They haven't yet experienced the Holy Spirit for one thing and Satan would love for them to stay ignorant.

I'm not the smartest person in the world, but i don't think any christian should let their insecurities or laziness stand in the way of really digging deep into Biblical doctrine. Asking questions is important and it's okay to doubt. Sometimes that doubt is what fuels us to figure out what we truly believe. If you just stay comfortable in your cushy faith and never ask the hard questions you won't, in my opinion, reach as many people. Although, we will get into God's sovereignty. He IS in control and even in our shallowest of times, he can still use us. But you shouldn't let God's sovereignty lead you down the road of hyper calvinism ( God is in control, so i can do whatever i want because it doesn't matter...He will still glorify himself) Not a productive place if you ask me. Although i would encourage you to read " Spectacular Sins" by John Piper, where he elaborates on that.



We'll talk more on it though. I'm reading Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology and that is where i will be getting my sources and of course The Word. Feel free to submit any questions you might have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment