Wednesday, May 18, 2011

San Francisco baby!



About a week ago i found out i will be interning in San Fran for 7 weeks this summer with Because Justice Matters. BJM is an organization that works to end human trafficking.I'm so pumped, you have no idea. Here is a list of reasons why:

1. I never go anywhere by myself

- I really need to become more independent and get out of my comfort zone. I mean, am i scared to fly alone? yes! But i think it will help me grow as a person. It's like pushing a baby bird out of the nest to fly....scary, but it has to happen sooner or later.


2. I'll be in San Francisco! I hear its a pretty cool city and plus i love California period. I can't wait to get away from the muggy weather that is Mississippi! It's pure death. Anyways, i'll definitely have fun exploring my surroundings :)

3. Probably the biggest reason is that i'm truly passionate about helping people and sharing the love of Christ while doing so. This is such a great opportunity to grow spiritually,emotionally, mentally and professionally. I'll be a counselor one day and i intend to work with women coming out of human trafficking and all sorts of other difficult situations. I need experience and i'm ready to take the plunge no matter what worries i may have about flying alone or essentially being alone in a foreign city!


Things i'm worried about:

1. How to pack



-I seriously do not know how to pack right. I am assuming i'll need two suitcases and a carry on. I want to take my lap top and camera and i also have to pack bedding. BUT, how do i fit everything? How?! I'm already practicing how i'm going to do it. Also, how many shirts, pants and shorts do i need? Maybe i'm over analyzing. Just maybe.

2. Flying alone



-I am retarded. I accept it. But for real....i will probably be lucky if i can find the door at the airport. Am i gonna have to have one of those people fly with me....you know the ones that fly with kids? oh dear..

3. Not having enough money


(Throw some glitter...make it rain)

- As i said, i'll be there 7 weeks. I have the bulk of the trip paid for, but i don't know how much spending money i need. I will have a place to stay with food and everything. But i really want to buy gifts for the fam and the occasional dinosaur toy. So i ask all of you.....how much do i need to bring?

PS. Donations are welcome!


Well, there ya go. I finally blogged :) Please pray for me as i enter into a new journey. I'll be blogging while i'm there, so make sure to check out my blog every week atleast for an update!

No comments:

Post a Comment